Monday, July 26, 2010

Quiltart

So, a while back I found this website (can't remember how...) and it's called Uncovering the Darkness: A Quiltart Challenge. I found this art fascinating, seeing as how I had been working on my own "quiltart" with Eliza. Soooo...as I was re-visiting this website, I decided I wanted to make a quiltart of my own. I suppose I've wanted to for a long time, I just didn't have a good idea. But now I do! I'm actually sort of "stealing" an idea from a friend's painting. The basic design will be a two-sided tree. One half of the tree is dark and dying. The other half is completely alive, colorful, with leaves in the tree and flowers on the ground. If you'll notice, in the quiltart challenge, it says to include an element of hope. Seeing as how I've been feeling much much better lately, it's much much easier to include that element of hope in this art. Another interesting thing is how collage-like this will be for me. I started turning this idea into a collage first, but I lost interest very quickly. For some reason collage just hasn't appealed to me since Eliza left.

Now...here is the beginnings of my tree (it's laying on my cutting mat):

No comments:

Post a Comment