I started on the second half of my paper mosaic and I hit a bump. As I applied the paper around the tree branches I saw that the tree branches simply blended into the background. Not good. I tried a few different things to solve my problem. First, I tried outlining the tree parts in a bronze-gold color. That didn't look so good, so I thought I'd do a wash of the bronze-gold over each piece. But the outline was too dark and the whole thing looked terrible. My last-ditch effort to save the work was to just paint in the parts of the tree in brown-black. That didn't work either. At this point I was frustrated and about to give up.
So I took a break, I took a walk, I got an ice cream sandwich and I regrouped.
When I came home I had a new idea. I cut the board in half, saving the half that turned out well. Then I took a board I had started working on before and cut off the half that I'd messed up on that one and started my "gloomy" half-tree over. Now I have a two-panel art piece:
No comments:
Post a Comment